Privacy has become a hot topic amongst companies which want to capitalise on the information that they have and manage same as effectively as possible in this the “information age”.
However the corollary of this is that individuals are also becoming more savvy and responsible for what information about them companies have in their possession, whether it is correct and whether and how they allow companies to use this information.
The Protection of Personal Information Bill (POPI) sets out certain rights relating to personal information and restrictions on how this information can be processed.
Dingley’s has several attorneys well versed in privacy rights and this particular piece of legislation. We can assist your company to become compliant with POPI by providing the following training and / or services:
- Education about POPI and its purpose;
- Explaining what constitutes personal information and what form this can take;
- Training on the 8 principles relating to the processing of personal information as set out in the legislation;
- Advising on personal information audits and data leakage processes and plans;
- Arranging ISO 270001 Security Audits.