Legal status is often confused with tax status which is made worse by the different acronyms e.g. NPO versus PBO!
We have provided services in this area that include:
- Advice on the correct structure to use for the formation of a Non Profit Organisation e.g. a Non Profit Company , Charitable Trust or Voluntary Association;
- Drafting of the relevant founding documentation for the charitable organisation taking into account the BBBEE Act and Broad Based Ownership Schemes;
- Registration of Charitable Trusts, Voluntary Associations and Non Profit Companies;
- Assistance with the voluntary Non Profit Organisation (“NPO”) registration;
- Applications for tax exemption to the South African Revenue Service’s Tax Exemption Unit (“TEU”) in terms of the Income Tax Act of 1962;
- Drafting of amendments to founding documents and assisting with changes in board and trustee appointments.