The Consumer Protection Act is changing the way we conduct business in South Africa.
This training course provides an opportunity to gain an understanding and appreciation of how the Consumer Protection Act changes the consumer legislative framework and what this will mean to you as a company and also as a consumer.
The course will cover amongst others the following topics:
- Overview of the Consumer Protection Act and the rationale for this new legislation
- Implementing the Consumer Protection Act
- Understanding the fundamental consumer rights
- Unfair contractual terms – including strict liability, disclaimers and exemptions
- Functions of the National Consumer Protection Institutions
- Penalties for non compliance.
This course can also be tailored to meet a specific industry.